วันศุกร์ที่ 4 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

Sniper Fire and Dead in Wat Pathuwanaram, Bangkok, May 19th, 2010

Videographer: At aproximetly 5pm I entered the Wat Pathuwanaram on May 19th, 2010. There were many redshirt protesters already there, seeking refuge, and I encountered several journalists. The Thai people I spoke too, felt protected in the temple and believed they were safe according to Thai custom. We journalists/photographers realized we had no exit and were trapped in the temple with everyone else, as small and heavier weapons fire was now coming from the street - from the direction of Siam Center as the troops advanced. Sniper fire began around 5:50pm, and we took cover near a wall. The 1st video showing the people running form the gunfire was taken from this location, near the souvenier shop. It continued for some time. I left to look for a back exit from the wat. When I returned I found the English journalist wounded at the aid station. I conducted a short interview and he confirmed witnessing the killing shots and wounding shots. I also asked the local people if the causualities originated in the Wat - and they also confirmed this. They took me to the area where the dead where laid out. I personally, have no idea who was firing these rounds. For another perspective


see:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/is-it-ok-...


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น